Last Updated: 09/05/2013
Entertainment Order Form
Last Updated: 18/04/2013
Mothers Day Fundraising
Last Updated: 18/04/2013
Welcome back everyone and welcome to our new students and their families!!
Important Information -
Interviews: Today the 9th May 2013 you will receive a note home about the Parent Interviews scheduled for Thursday 23rd May 2013. Please read it so you are aware of what will be happening!
PARKING: Alert from rangers!!
The Ranger from the City of Gosnells has informed the school that he will be starting to give out infringement notices to drivers who are not following the parking signs around the school. In particular he has noticed parents parking in the Kiss and Drive areas and double parking. BOTH practices are potentially dangerous and will get you a parking fine!!
Canteen Days are Changing: THESE CHANGES WILL BEGIN IN WEEK 3
The canteen WILL be opening on TUESDAY WEDNESDAY THURSDAY AND FRIDAY.
It is NO longer open on Monday!!
Monday the 20th of May the Canteen WILL NOT BE OPEN.
2013 School Development Days: (Parents please note these days are pupil free days. PLEASE be aware of these dates and make arrangements for your children.)
- Term 1 - Friday 1/3 (Friday before the Labour Day holiday)
- Term 2 – Friday 31/5 (Friday before the WA Day holiday)
- Term 3 – Monday 22/7 (First day of term)
- Term 4 – Monday 14/10 (First Day of term)
- Term 4 – Friday 20/12 (Last day of year)
WELCOME TO OUR WEBSITE!
Bletchley Park Primary School is situated in a new subdivision in Southern River and first opened in February 2008 with 190 students from Kindergarten to Year 7. In 2013 our enrolment is expected to exceed 950 students.
The ethos of our school is:
* a place of excellence where students can achieve full potential in their academic,creative, personal, physical, social and emotional development.
* a safe, caring environment where students and adults feel valued as individuals.
* a place where values are promoted and students learn to respect themselves, others and their environment.
* a partnership between students, parents, staff and the community as a whole.
In 2009 our school was one of the first 34 state schools selected to become an Independent Public School. This has enabled the selection of quality staff who best meet the needs of the school.
In 2013, although literacy and numeracy remain a focus, with the appointment of additional specialist teachers, the school will develop our physical education and science programs.
Bletchley Park Primary School has been described as a school with a real community feel. It is a school that parents want to send their children to, and is a school in which teachers want to teach!
What's in a name?
Originally established in the early 1950s as Dawson Stud Farm, in recent times it has been home to the celebrated racehorse, Bletchley Park, which inspired the name for the estate. Go back in history and there was also the famous Bletchley Park just outside London, where wartime code-breakers worked to crack the Enigma machine.